Electronics test equipment company in San Jose called Nextest (owned by the larger company Teradyne), and we’re trying to hire a couple mechanical engineering interns for this coming summer, starting in June 2020.
Send their resumes to me at email@example.com. Say you heard about it from SWE SDSU!
See job Description bellow:
Duties & Responsibilities :
If you thrive on solving challenges and love learning about the latest innovative technologies, Teradyne is the place for you. We are the test experts behind many of today’s electronics products - smartphones, tablets, gaming systems, automotive electronics, computers and more. Teradyne is looking for talented people, who share our passion and drive, to join our team.
The Nextest Division of Teradyne, located in San Jose CA is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering intern to join the team.
Working with lead engineers, assist in various areas of product development cycle. Concept, design, analysis, documentation, and prototype assembly of mechanical systems, tooling and fixtures. Gain experience in areas of sheetmetal packaging, mechanisms, pneumatic and electronic controls systems. The project areas include mechanical, AC power distribution, and controls design. Flexible work hours (15-40 hrs per week) depending on school work load.
- Junior or senior level Mechanical Engineering student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in relevant engineering coursework
- 3D CAD system with Solidworks
- Completed junior-level coursework in Mechanism Design, Solid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, and Electronics
- Ability to perform stress and strain calculations, by hand and FEA.
- Experience with use of pneumatic and electric hand tools.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (machining, sheetmetal forming, injection molding, etc.)
- Safe working knowledge of AC power and wiring
- Experience with electronics and control systems.
FOR SWE MEMBERS
All opportunities we hear concerning jobs, internships, and more. If you apply say you heard about it from SWE SDSU! Send new opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org